Do you love children? Are you looking for a flexible, friendly environment with opportunities to grow your career? If so, we have a space for you on our team.
State of Kid is a brick-and-mortar concept that brings the most sought-after children’s retail brands and the most in-demand class instructors together under one roof. With locations in Miami’s Design District and Miami Beach (with a third location opening in South Miami in Fall 2022), State of Kid features a curated collection of children's clothing, accessories, and toys, as well as educational workshops for parents and enrichment activities for kids.
Candidates should email resumes to email@example.com.
Store Manager - Design District & South Miami
We are looking for a motivated and entrepreneurial leader to join our team as Store Manager. This critical role is accountable for the day-to-day operations of the store, maintaining the overall experience for customers, as well as supervising the team (inclusive of instructors). Our ideal candidate will possess exceptional customer service and communication skills, thrive in a team-oriented environment and be passionate about the children’s retail and education spaces. This position will report into the State of Kid founders.
- Able to work a flexible schedule (days, evenings, weekends, & holidays if required to meet the needs of the business)
- Responsible for driving results within all areas of the store
- Ensure store is operating to achieve necessary revenue targets
- Hire, train, schedule, coach and develop the store team
- Ensure store meets SOK standards for cleanliness, safety, and security
- Create relationships with frequent, VIP customers
- Work with management team to develop and implement local marketing initiatives to drive traffic to the specific store
- Work with management to create, implement and support larger company-wide initiatives to optimize growth
- Provide real-time feedback to management on both class and retail performance, bringing insights and suggestions to leadership team
- Monitor weekly and monthly sales goals of each team member and provide coaching and counseling on performance
- Work with customers and model superior customer service skills
- Develop relationships with key customers, including post purchase follow-up and communication about new merchandise
- Implement visual merchandising (using directives from management) to achieve maximum productiveness of retail business
- Ensure store appearance and atmosphere supports and reinforces the brand image
- Uphold inventory accuracy and controls in store. Responsible for monthly inventory count
- Contribute to loss prevention by training team and setting expectations
- Lead process of shipping e-commerce orders being fulfilled from your location
- Responsible for overseeing overall customer satisfaction including hospitality before and after class
- Responsible for responding to customer inquiries, whether in-person, via email or over the phone
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all instructors teaching at the assigned location
- Responsible for employee training and comprehension of class offerings, class schedule, teacher experience, etc.
- Responsible for receiving all customer feedback and communicating this feedback to management / head of programming
- 2+ years of leadership/managerial experience in similar, customer-service oriented role
- A highly organized multi-tasker who thrives in a fast-paced, frequently changing environment
- Detail oriented with strong critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer knowledge/proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint) with experience in Shopify preferred
- Understanding of specialty retail, including business development, visual merchandising, and store operations preferred
Front of House Associate - South Miami
We are looking for a motivated Front of House Associate. This person will not only help customers at the Point of Sale, but they will also interact with families as they check in for enrichment classes.
We are seeing both part-time and full-time employees. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are key for someone in this role, as are a genuine desire to provide outstanding customer service. The candidate must also be comfortable interacting with customers big and tiny.
- A positive, enthusiastic, and friendly personality
- Energetic and hard-working
- Ability to multi-task, assisting with retail sales and class needs (check-in, scheduling, payment, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in verbal and written English (Bilingual is a plus)
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to interact with young children under the age of five
- Available to work on weekdays and weekends during normal retail hours
- High school diploma or equivalent is required