State of Kid is a new brick-and-mortar concept that brings the most sought-after children’s retail brands and the most in-demand class instructors together under one roof. With its first location now open in Miami’s Design District, State of Kid features a curated collection of clothing, accessories and decor, as well as educational workshops for parents and enrichment activities for kids.
Retail Sales and Customer Services Associate
We are looking for a motivated and entrepreneurial Retail Sales and Customer Service Associate to join our small, but growing team. This person will not only help customers at the Point of Sale, but they will also interact with customers and their children as they check in for enrichment classes. This role offers more than the "traditional" retail sales associate position, as the candidate will be exposed to all aspects of a startup including marketing, sales, finance, operations, and everything in between.
We are looking for someone to work 15-20 hours per week in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are key for someone in this role, as are a genuine desire to provide outstanding customer service. The candidate must also be comfortable interacting with children 5 and under, as we have many tiny customers.
Our ideal candidate:
- Basic understanding of sales principles and customer service practices
- Enthusiastic, friendly and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding customer service
- Proficient in verbal and written English (proficiency in verbal Spanish is a plus)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write and effectively communicate with customers, peers and managers
- Ability to multi-task, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Comfort interacting with young children (under the age of 5)
The chosen candidate must be available to work a variety of hours, which may include evenings and weekends. A high school diploma or equivalent is required; a concentration in marketing or entrepreneurship is a plus.
Resumes should be e-mailed to email@example.com.